Thursday 30 July 2009

Whose side are the Government on?

I am sure many others share my bemusement, my horror and my vicarious shame that the British government is challenging awards of compensation made to British service men.
Corporal Anthony Duncan of the Light Dragoons had been awarded compensation for being shot in Iraq and is now back on the frontline in Afghanistan.


The Defence Secretary is seeking a reduction in the amount of compensation and in another award to another serviceman.


In fact claims from injured service personnel can take ages to process and cause angst and stress to the injured and their families.


The government should hang its head in shame.


I find it extraordinary that he Defence Secretary and the governemnt should be fighting to reduce the compensation paid to injured personnel. Nothing should be too good for those injured in the service of their country.

No comments:

Post a Comment