Thursday 29 October 2009

Urgent need for cliff safety review

A 14 year-old boy from Swansea has become the latest person to fall whilst walking on Constitution Hill in Aberystwyth. Thankfully he escaped unhurt after plunging 100 feet and landing on a ledge.


I first called for a review of safety on these cliffs in January 2005 after two separate incidents caused concern. I have renewed my call on a regular basis, the latest being in September this year following an open verdict being recorded by the coroner on the death of a student who fell from the cliffs in August 2008.


I wrote to Ceredigion County Council on 10 September on this issue but still await a full reply,
This latest incident confirms my belief that safety barriers and low level lighting need to be installed urgently to protect the public walking on Constitution Hill.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete